High quality car detailing requires a great deal of patience, experience, training, expertise mixed in with some good ol’ fashioned elbow grease. If the job is rushed or the process is done incorrectly, your vehicle may not only look all that clean but could actually suffer some severe consequences. The exterior paint can be scratched or damaged, interior wires to important mechanisms can be accidentally detached, and overall driver safety can be compromised. The term ‘Auto Detailer’ is thrown around loosely from those who wash their car at home to those who run a business. In many cases, there is a true difference between those trained who do it day in and day out and those who do it from time to time at home in their driveway. Hiring a reputable professional automobile detailer who specializes in only this type of service can greatly improve the quality of the work and prevent your vehicle damage.
Many vehicle owners are completely unaware of how extensive this exterior detailing process should be. A professional automobile detailer will go over every nook and cranny of your vehicle, not just the obvious painted surfaces – a mentality M&M Auto takes pride in. The joints in between the panels will be thoroughly cleaned, and chrome work on the front and rear bumpers will be shined and polished with extremely safe and non-abrasive products, and those intricately designed wheel rims will be expertly cleaned to a showroom new sparkle. We’ll get inside all of the crevices you didn’t even notice your vehicle had. Many rims contain such tiny crevices and grooves that the only way to really make them shine is for the detailer to get down on his hands and knees and really put some effort into it. A true professional takes pride in his title: ‘Detailer’ meaning they pay close attention to the details as do we.
If you are in the process of selling or trading in your vehicle in Connecticut, then you will want to get top dollar. Interior detailing can add hundreds if not thousands of dollars to your asking price. This is really where the potential buyer is going to be spending the majority of his or her time when test driving the vehicle. Those little cleanliness issues are really very important if you want to make a great first impression. Car buyers expect a certain amount of exterior dust and debris on the vehicle, but the interior had better be spotless. Professional automobile detailers will again clean every area of the interior, from the grime in the crevices of the individual gauges to the tiny food crumbs in between the cushions of the seats.
And Everything In Between
What truly sets a pro apart from an amateur are the many aspects outside of washing and wiping down the car:
- Professionally Trained: A professional will take part in some sort of training program like the IDA, as we are.
- Fully Insured: Thinking of bringing your Ferrari to your pal’s driveway down the street? Think again. A professional will have an established business that is insured in the event something goes wrong.
- Tools: A pro will have tools and equipment made for automotive detailing – not just a bucket, rag and a toothbrush 🙂
- Technique: Knowing how to clean/detail a vehicle the right way can mean the difference between a sparkling, shiny car and a car with damaged paint.
- Time: A complete detail, done properly, takes time. It’s not something that can be rushed. If you’re being told a complete detail can be done in an hour you may want to check out the steps involved.
- Peace of Mind: When you bring your vehicle to a reputable professional you know your car is in good hands.
- Reputation: A professional will likely have an established reputation as the one can get the job done properly.
Interested in hiring a pro to make your vehicle shine? Call M&M Auto Detailing today!