For most of us, it can be quite difficult to keep your car looking like it did back when it rolled off the lot. In addition to the usual mechanical maintenance and upkeep, you need to regularly set aside time, money, and effort to make sure your car looks great on the inside, as well as the outside. Not many people have the time, knowledge, and ability to do this themselves. You may consider enlisting the services of a car detailing professional (we know one 🙂 ). This will help you maintain that showroom look, while keeping your car completely road worthy, all at the hands of an experience professional.
Car Detailing vs Car Wash
We’ve written about this in the past. Is there really a difference between a car wash (mechanical or at home) and car detailing services? The simple answer is, absolutely, these two services appear similar at first, but in truth are vastly different. Both services leave you with a cleaner car, and that is where the similarities end.
Specifically, the average cost of a car wash (mechanical or at home) can be far less expensive, while the average cost of a full, professionally services auto detail is higher. Car Detailing process can vary from state to state and region to region.
You may have considered taking on the job of keeping your vehicle looking great all on your own, so that you do not have to add yet another expense into the maintenance of your car. So, the big question is, what do you get for that amount of money?
An average car wash will include:
- Exterior Washing
- Exterior Dry
- Tire Cleaning
A typical car detail will include:
- Hand wash and dry all nooks and crannies, including door jams.
- Removal of all bugs, tar and tree sap from exterior.
- Clean and gloss tires.
- Clean and polish rims.
- Clay bar treatment.
- Application of wax.
- Interior vacuum
- Floor mat cleaning
- Clean and condition leather surfaces
- Interior and exterior window cleaning
- Shampooing carpets
- Clean and apply protectant to all vinyl surfaces
- Deodorize interior
As you can see, a car wash is much less involved than expert auto detailing. Even if you perform these services at home you will still be limited (most likely) as you cannot offer up the professional grade products, techniques and tools. Regular car washes can help to keep your exterior looking somewhat nice, and decrease the buildup of dirt and dust in the interior of the vehicle but it will not give you the personal touch and attention to detail that a qualified service will.
Advantages of Professional Auto Detailing
To get the most out of your car, simply washing and vacuuming it at home is not enough. In the long run, your vehicle requires more than a little soap and water to stay in excellent condition. There are several benefits of having your vehicle cleaned and detailed by professionals.
- Removes scratches and decreases fading paint – Professional auto detailing will reduce, or remove, existing swirls, etching, scratches, and fading. It also ensures the paint stays in great condition for longer periods of time, especially during New England’s harsh weather conditions. Expert auto detailers are competent and knowledgeable about the products that work best for your car. M&M Auto Detailing, for one, is fully certified by the International Detailing Association.
- Keeps your car looking great – Regular washing, and a periodic professional detailing, can make a big difference in how your vehicle looks vs. what would be done by an automatic was or at home.
- Helps to extend the life of your vehicle – Dirt, road grit, and mud can decrease the life of a vehicle, by concealing, and causing, corrosion on important parts of your car. When you remove these harmful contaminants, which will eventually eat into your finish (paint, leather, vinyl, chrome, etc.), and seal them out, your vehicle will remain in wonderful condition for years to come.
- Helps preserve resale value of your car – This is a biggie. A highly polished and showroom condition car can help to retain your vehicle’s value, even raising your trade in value by up to 10%.
There are some car buffs, who will teach themselves to detail their vehicles like the professionals. They will find the best method to eliminate stains, remove scratches, and keep their cars looking best. However, most car owners do not have the time, and are not interested, in learning the ins and outs of professional auto detailing techniques. These vehicle owners would benefit from getting regular auto detailing services, in order to maintain the beauty of their vehicles.
Trained professionals are knowledgeable in the latest technology and techniques, to keep your car looking the best. Your detailer knows which products to use on your car, and will ensure that your vehicle is meticulously vacuumed, shampooed, polished, and conditioned to keep it looking great. Not to mention, your detailing professional can provide you with tips on how to care for your vehicle between detailing appointments. So, are you convinced now as to why you need a professional detailer in your life? Call M&M today!